Hair Color Basics for a Beautiful You
Most women have tried a new hair color at least once. Usually, they are looking for a fast, easy way to change up their look, and color is one of the best ways to do make that happen. There are other benefits to hair coloring, including:
- Complementing your features: You’re not always born with the best hair color for your features and skin tone. Sometimes nature needs a little boost, and changing to a more complementary shade can make your eyes color pop and brighten the appearance of your skin.
- Adding shine and dimension: A good colorist can give you shades that vary as light reflects on them, adding interest, depth, and a rich, beautiful glow.
- Adding body: If your hair is thinner, consider color to temporarily add body. Color makes hair shafts plumper, creating this effect.
- More fun: Color reflects your personality and your mood. Switching up your color is a great way to create a look that reflects the real you, broadcasting your individuality to the world!
Once you’ve made the switch, caring for color-treated hair is easy.
- Shampoo hair less frequently, and when you do, use products that support color-treated hair. Ask your stylist to recommend the best shampoos and conditioners to use for your individual hair type.
- When your hair color is fresh, wait a couple of days before shampooing to help color set well.
- Always use a conditioner to keep your color-treated hair smooth and shiny, even on days that you don’t shampoo.
- Protect your hair – ask your stylist about the best deep conditioning and heat-protecting products. Avoid heated styling tools if possible, and turn down the heat in the shower.
- Visit your stylist regularly for quick trims to remove split ends and damaged hair.
Ready to try a beautiful new hair color? Make an appointment today Untangled Salon. Our professional stylists will help you select a new color that complements your features and matches your individual style! You can find us at 19924 Jetton Road, Suite 105 in Cornelius. To schedule an appointment, just give us a call at 704-895-9300 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Prefer to schedule an appointment yourself? Use our free mobile app. You can download it for free at the AppStore, on Google Play, or Amazon.